There are many different online marketing techniques that can be used to get more business. However, different techniques will work for different types of businesses. That doesn’t mean there aren’t some universal techniques that work for all kinds of businesses though; just take a look at these:
If you’re not currently using social media, or you’re not using it well enough, you need to up your game! Social media is a massive way to market your business these days, and it’s free! You can pay for Facebook ads to be set up, but you don’t even need to do that. Simply setting up pages in your businesses name and engaging with your audience is all you need to do to make an impact on the web. Here are some pointers:
- Always post at peak times for whatever platform you’re using.
- Only use the platforms you can keep up with.
- Consider hiring a social media manager.
- Make sure you only post appropriate content – think of your reputation!
- Pictures make people more likely to click through to your site.
- Talk about important goings on in the world.
- Share relevant content from other businesses too.
Blogging allows you to share important and helpful information with your customer base and anybody interested in what you have to offer. It can be hard work, but if you stick to it, it nearly always pays off! Here are some pointers to make sure you’re producing the best blogs:
- Blog regularly, not sporadically.
- Keep your blogs to about 500-1000 words.
- Make sure they’re 100% original and unique.
- Make them interesting, humorous, and shareable.
- Make the title clickable by using explosive words.
- Make sure you enjoy what you’re writing about, or it’ll show!
Video blogging is a much quicker and usually more attractive way to get information across to your customers. It’s great because you can really show off your personality and sense of humour too!
Search engine optimisation ensures that your website is properly being indexed by the search engines, and that people searching for you are finding you. Sites like http://www.webmarketingexperts.com.au can give you more advice if you don’t know where to start with a technique like this. You can get good, natural results with a technique like SEO.
PPC can get you fast results, but it can be costly depending on the industry you’re in. You’ll pay every time somebody clicks on your advertisement, but it could help you to make more sales if you do your keyword research properly.
Hosting competitions is a popular way to get more followers and shares all around the web. You can host competitions whatever platform you decide to use, and you should find you get lots of engagement from followers. Make sure you give away something worthwhile!
All businesses should use these marketing techniques to their advantage. Do you use any of these currently? What results have you achieved? Leave your thoughts below!
Thanks for reading – see you again soon.